What is the FemCap?
The FemCap is is a reusable, non-hormonal, latex-free contraceptive device. In short, the FemCap is:
- reusable for a year
- made of non-allergenic, durable, surgical-grade silicone
- designed to cover the cervix to prevent sperm from entering
- proven in clinical trials to be to be over 92% effective in the prevention of pregnancy.
The FemCap is woman-controlled birth control that’s a safe and effective alternative to other methods of contraception such as the pill, the patch, intrauterine devices (IUDs), other barrier methods or the condom.
Click here to watch a brief video description of the FemCap.
(Please note: the description video automatically plays with an audio commentary that may not be appropriate for public locations.)
To purchase the FemCap, you need a prescription from a health care professional, but the FemCap does not require custom fitting. The FemCap comes in three sizes based on your obstetric history. Your health care provider will determine the size that’s best for you.
The FemCap Difference
Unlike some other barrier contraceptive methods, the FemCap can be left in place for up to 48 hours of contraceptive protection. Additionally, the FemCap:
- is comfortable and easy to use
- does not interrupt intimate spontaneity
- does not interfere with the sensitivity or sensations of either partner
- does not change your body’s natural chemistry
- is instantly reversible — when you’re ready to get pregnant, just stop using it.
The FemCap is Easy!
Insert the FemCap. Go about your daily life. Take advantage of the moment when the time is right.
This sounds great! But is the FemCap right for me?
I want to try it! How do I get the FemCap?